Monday, February 3, 2014

Mo Monday Mo Progress

Today we had state of emergency conditions in NJ and I had to drive to traffic court in them. What should've been a 45 minute drive was over 2 hours long. The reason I mention this is because by the time I arrived home again I felt I had wasted most of the day. This made me sit down and get some work done. Here's what I got going today.

  • created enemies that pick a random direction upon creation
  • pseudo-coded my basic enemy AI
  • added shooting (shot times, bullet speeds, bullets destroyed when they collide with walls or go too far out of view)
  • I added a white dot to my player sprite in order to indicate which direction it's facing
  • The sprite changes based on which direction it's facing
  • took out all hard coded numbers and replaced with variables
I think that's a pretty good list for a few hours work. Tomorrow I aim to have the enemies die when they're hit with bullets and maybe even health for the player. I'd like to fit enemy AI in as well but I have work tomorrow and straight after I'm meeting with a potential team member that will take care of all the audio for this game. I'll end this post with some screenshots demonstrating that depth works, the player's ability to shoot, and the bullets being removed upon wall collisions.




No comments:

Post a Comment